Sunday, May 15, 2011

DQ Blizzardless life

As a child the occasional visit to a DQ was indeed a treat, mainly with my dad as I remember. Walking in and pondering what sort of frozen treat I was going to have them make was always a tough decision. Typically a blizzard. Well... to this day those memories are still great, but something else has changed. And that fact is that the quality of my most recent DQ adventure, one I was very much so looking forward to, was a complete disappointment. The day finally came when Andrea and I were driving back from Portland and stopped to enjoy the "on the road snack." I ordered the blizzard of the month, a mint oreo. As many of you may know mint and chocolate are two of my most favorite things! I was waiting for the perfect moment to return to a DQ and taste the tastey treat and it was finally presented itself. Needless to say, I had a bad enough experience to write DQ and give them a firsthand account of my experience. Below is the copied text that was sent to DQ.

It has been a few weeks now and I am still unhappy about my experience at the aforementioned Dairy Queen. As a past loyal visitor during childhood I have even made a vow to never return to a Dairy Queen. I simply will settle for the quality of the blizzard I was served. The blizzard was a small mint oreo of which I was extremely excited to try. After a very long wait time I received my treat to find out that nearly 99 percent of the treat was ice cream and very, very little oreo! So little cookie in fact that I felt like I was eating a cup of mint flavored ice cream only. I was shocked at the amount of cookie that has been reduced from years past. To this day I regret not taking it back and gaining an explanation on whether it was a mistake or rather a reduction in the amount of cookie. Thus I am saddened to see the quality of the once delicious blizzard be reduced to what I purchased a few weeks back. Thank you for listening to my complaints and please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Best Wishes,

Tyson Goeppinger

Recently I have been loyal to the companies I deal with, whether it has been regarding sunglasses, hummus, camping equipment, or tastey treats. I treat each purchase as a vote towards the company and thus am careful of which products and companies I choose. This past experience compelled me to write the company and inform them about their decisions on quality. Cheers to homeade blizzards!


No comments: