Friday, December 12, 2008

things

my new thing withing the past 6 months or so I would say is to not buy new things. things. things. there are plenty of items out there everyone is looking for that are used/slightly used and wanting new homes. Sweaters, shoes, Christmas ornaments, tree stands, jackets, belts, dressers, watches, on and on... keeping these things out of the landfill is my motivation. some people have problems with wearing someone else's clothing and such, but not I. it is usually cheaper and it just feels good, to me, to have things passed from person to person. kind of like a hand me down. being the youngest of 5 siblings may very well be the reason for this trend of mine.

well I was walking in REI (one of my new places of employment) and saw an amazing pair of wool gloves. I noticed they were carefully hand crafted in Nepal or somewhere across the world. they were amazing. I wanted them. something inside me said, "surely you can make these yourself tyson." after the knitting spark was ignited, i sadly learned that gloves are extremely hard to knit. no big deal, I would still love to knit a hat or something, so Andrea and I accidentaly ended up at a local knitting shop and purchased some needles and 2 balls of yarn for my knitting adventure. let the knitting begin. with some help from Andrea, YouTube, and a book called The Knitting Bible I present you... drum roll please (Christmas Vacation style)...

The Hat

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice Hat.... love the color. Yes, gloves are very hard to knit. - lova ya - Mom

jhoran403 said...

Tyson...I'm so proud. the hat looks fantastic. I think I'm going to post some videos of what I've been doing with my free time so we can share.

I hope you're doing well amigo. I like the beard...i just shaved mine off today. it was time.

that's all I got. looking good hombre. looking good.